You are here
Simply Making a Difference in our Community!
The Canal Welcome Center has a unique position as a volunteer-driven community organization that has been establishing its presence and reputation since 2002. It has developed a strong track record in providing the means by which local residents, low income families and specially immigrant communities can become self-sufficient while also helping to build a diverse. vibrant, and stable community.
The Canal Welcome Center (CWC) is very excited that you are interested in becoming a member of our team. Our volunteers come from all over Marin County and truly care about the Canal community, our needs and the services that CWC provides. They contribute their time and energy to assist in a wide variety of programs and activities. CWC is always looking for dedicated applicants who want to make the different in people’s life.
What Are We Looking For In a Volunteer?
We are looking for honest, dependable and accountable individuals willing to make a minimum commitment of 2 to 4 hours a week per semester (or 1 year). Volunteers must be caring, respectful and sincere toward all individuals.
How Can Volunteering at CANAL WELCOME CENTER Enrich Your Life?
- You will have the unique opportunity to give back to your community
- You will be helping others by donating your time and abilities.
- You may learn new skills
- You will meet new people from different and unique cultures.
- You may gain valuable work experience and professionalism.
- You may get community service hours for school, church or college.
- You and your family members may get access to services and programs
- You may get letters of recommendation for employment, colleges and Scholarships.
- You can meet your graduation requirements
- You may get recognition of your efforts
- You may learn a foreign language (Spanish, Vietnamese, etc.)
- Most of all you will have fun and transform your own live!
How to Become a Volunteer
Prospective volunteers must complete and submit a Volunteer application and can expect to hear back from the volunteer Coordinator within two weeks after submission.
Once your application is received we will contact you to setup an interview to determine acceptance into the volunteer program and make sure we are offering you the right opportunity.
If you want to volunteer for a specific program, activity, or have professional skills that you are interested in offer (e.g. grant writing, organizational development, fundraising, etc.) please let us know.
“We are committee to offer the right volunteer opportunity for you”